About Me

header ads

Hooray! Chicken House of Bacolod is 40 Years Old!

This blog, Talonggo, is known for one of it's most popular posts, What You Didn't Know About Cuadra Street, Bacolod City, The Birthplace of The Real Bacolod Chicken Inasal.

Bacolod City's famous chicken dish inasal (barbecued chicken) has spread far and wide across the globe reaching not just the United States of America but also the Middle East.  

Architect Joe and Pat Cajili, started the Chicken House we know and love today in 1976.  I remember my first visit to Chicken House near the Redemptorist Church, along North Drive.  My late dad took me there because he had learned about it being a friend of Tito Joe.  

Over the years, Chicken House was always a favorite.  I remember bringing my high school classmates from Manila over to Bacolod for one crazy summer in the `80s and the first place we ate out at was Chicken House in Mandalagan. 

In college,
my classmates in Fine Arts and I would frequent Chicken House in San Juan Street.  Of course with classmates Pachit Cajili-Cuaycong and Julie May Calderon.

Happy 40th Anniversary Chicken House!  Bacolod will not be Bacolod without a Chicken House!


Chicken House in Metro Manila is located in Makati along Chino Roces Ave., fronting Makati (Cinema) Square.



The writer, Lloyd Tronco, is from Bacolod, a chicken inasal lover and addict who always eats inasal with garlic rice and a stick of baticolon (chicken gizzard). 








Negros Island.  The SWEET Spot of the Philippines.


Post a Comment

0 Comments